Texans on Mission disaster relief
You can deliver help, hope and healing to those who need it most.
When disaster strikes, we are compelled by Christ's love to help those affected. Now, you can show Christ's love like never before through TBM Disaster Relief by serving as a Texan on Mission.
Working alongside trained longterm TBM volunteers, you can deliver maximum impact to those in need in just one day. Whether you're removing debris, cleaning up a neighborhood or providing an encouraging word to those affected, you can be a beacon of hope in the most difficult days of a person's life.
Hurricane Ida relief service opportunities:
In the aftermath of Hurricane Ida, TBM has opportunities for you and your church or group in LaPlace, La. to serve by:
- Cleaning yards
- Removing fallen trees and limbs
- Cleaning out flooded homes
- Assorted other jobs
TBM will provide:
- Shower facilities
- Cot and sleeping bag
- Work clothes (long pants, close-toed shoes, shirt you don't mind getting dirty)
- A desire to serve
If you are registering as part of a church group, make sure to indicate what church you are part of so we can group you together.
- Register and complete the liability waiver/release form.
- Must be 18 years or older or a minor who is accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or organizational leader must be 16 years or older.
- Participating groups must have one adult sponsor for every five minors.
- No registered sex offenders.
- No registered violent offenders.
- No criminal convictions for property crimes or crimes against a person.
- Wear appropriate work clothing: Closed-toe shoes, pants (no shorts), hat, work gloves, etc.