Join a great group of young men who serve at summer camps and in other mission opportunities. By being a TBM State Staffer, you learn how to be on-mission and lead others towards following Christ
Become a state staffer and join God in a great adventure.
TBM State Staffers are a select group of high-school young men. Each State Staffer should have a strong background in Royal Ambassadors (RAs) and Challengers, or be willing to be trained in the mission program. As a State Staffer, you will set aside a certain period of time to do mission work, like assisting in RA Summer Camps and TBM mission projects, in Texas and around the world.
Responsibilities of State Staffers
- Assist in leading campers at assigned RA camp(s) in Texas.
- Be available to help lead youth and children camp(s) with churches assigned by TBM
- Aid churches and associations in weekend mission activities
- Volunteer in RA and Challenger events, meetings, and mission projects
- Assist with TBM ministries such as Disaster Relief throughout the year
- Be willing to have additional training in various fields
- Attend Campout & Missions Mania and Leadership Training Camp
Length of Service
State Staffers typically serve in June, July, and August, beginning at the conclusion of Leadership Training Camp the first full week of June. There are additional opportunities throughout the year for direct mission involvement and training.
- Be an active follower of Jesus Christ with a desire to be involved in and lead others to be involved in mission work.
- Be registered in the online Challengers Journey.
- Be 14 or older by September 1st of the year prior to service as a State Staffer.
- Attend the Leadership Training Camp the first week of June unless granted permission to serve and train in a different location.
- Live in a way that is acceptable to the staff leadership and the people you serve.
- Be available for consistent mission service throughout the summer with the exception of family vacations.
- Serve at the Campout & Missions Mania event in October.
- Abstain from alcohol, tobacco, other drugs, and other controlled substances illegal to this age group.
- Be approved by the selection committee at Leadership Training Camp.
- Complete a Release of Liability Form.
Application and Selection Process
- Complete the online State Staffer Application below by May 15.
- A copy of your application will be sent to your pastor or youth pastor asking them to conduct an interview with you and offer their recommendation for you to serve.
- Potential State Staffers will be evaluated during the Leadership Training Camp and final selection will be made that week by the State Staff Selection Committee.
Each State Staffer fulfills his role as a volunteer for which no salary is provided. This does not prevent a financial gift or stipend from being given to a Staffer.
The Staffer’s family insurance is the primary insurance at all times. Each camp will have secondary insurance and Staffers are not covered by TBM at events nor are they covered during travel to and from assignments.
TBM will provide the following:
- State Staffer shirts
- Travel and camp fees involved in attending Leadership Training Camp
- Travel expenses to and from Staffer assignments
For more information and to receive an application packet to become a Regional State Staffer, contact Savion Lee at Savion.Lee@tbmtx.org.