TBM Israel training trips help volunteers connect with the culture of the country, gain the knowledge needed to serve there after disasters and offer an opportunity to experience Old Jerusalem, walking the streets Jesus once walked. Here's what a typical trip looks like:
- Teams of about 10 volunteers will go on 9-day trips
- You'll stay in a dorm room-style setting with as many as four people to a room
- This is a work trip where you'll prepare a large number of meals such as hamburgers and falafel. Most days, TBM volunteers work in the hot sun over ovens and skillets. There is extensive walking, standing and moving around. Volunteers must be in good physical condition.
- The team will tour Old Jerusalem with a world-renowned tour guide. Walk the streets Jesus walked.
- Total Cost (including travel from Dallas-Fort Worth, housing and meals): $3,500